Europe against GMO crops! Please, sign the Avaaz petition! I already did.
It's us who decide, not Monsanto!!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Lisbon Treaty!

With some delay due to my heavy schedule, Happy Lisbon Treaty to everyone in Europe!

Although the controversy around it definitely left me a bad feeling, I still think it is a good thing for Europe, something that will unite us even more and that will open new opportunities for us.

Of course, I absolutely disagree with the two new faces on the EC, especially the British one (and not because she's a woman, but because she is British!), but I guess some things cannot be changed so easily. Let's hope that both Ashton and Van Rompuy will serve Europe first and then, to other people. But still, I think that their choice was very shameful for Europe. 

Anyway, the new Treaty has good sides, as the new powers for the Parliament, so not everything is lost. I hope that 10 years from now, this day will make us proud and happy, that we managed to move on from our disagreements and create something that is better than us. 

Nazdrave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?

Anonymous said...

Howdy reading this web page was very thoughtful , topics in this way dignify who reads this blog:/

 

blogger templates 3 columns